Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - you'll call me a dumbass after you read this
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

you'll call me a dumbass after you read this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin Thomas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: you'll call me a dumbass after you read this Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

This morning I was listening to Wayne Krantz (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RktgVhnqxh0), and then he played a solo that made me go "D'OH!!!"

If you listen at 6:35, he plays a solo with a sound that is very close to something I heard on some TT tunes (mainly on Rocket Science, I would say). I've always wondered if it was Willis or Kinsey (since Willis is a synth freak, I wasn't so sure it was Kinsey), and now I realize it probably was you! What an idiot.
Music was easier to listen to in the good old days. Each guy had a recognizable instrument. Drums were tadadam, bass was boom boom boom (ask Jeff Berlin, he knows about that), guitar was... it was guitar, and what was left was supposted to be keyboards!

Kevin
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a Moogerfooger ring modulator - love that pedal. I went to a Wayne Krantz show in LA once and he used it on almost every song. I guess he had just discovered it. ha ha Wayne's a great player and he and many other guitarists love the ring modulator - it's fun!
TaeKwonDonut

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever pedal you used on Speak made you sound great.. you should use that one more often
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the Electro-Harmonix TACET pedal. It was their worst selling pedal so they discontinued it. I used it on Speak and thought it made my guitar sound too transparent, but luckily my sound wasn't missed on such a happy-jazz composition.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: