Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Suhr ISO Transformer-Isolated Line Out Box
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Suhr ISO Transformer-Isolated Line Out Box

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dancharles

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Suhr ISO Transformer-Isolated Line Out Box Reply with quote

Hi,

I've never tried a wet/dry rig but am a little confused on how to set it up.

I see that Scott runs his Suhr ISO Transformer-Isolated Line Out Box out of a speaker cabinet jack and into a rack mount effects unit. But can we use this to run into pedal effects, too?

For a wet/dry rig do I run out of my pedal effects into the effects loop input? Or into the guitar input jack on another amp?

Thank you!

Best,
Dan
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You go out of an extra speaker jack in your main (dry) amp into the input of the line box. If your amp only has only one speaker output, the line box has a thru jack to go back to your speaker.

Then you go out of the line out jack to your FX, and plug the output of your FX into the front of another amp, where you can EQ the wet sound. I use a Fender HRD as the wet amp - since reverb and delay is such a small percentage of the sound, the wet amp can be pretty small. If you use a small amp as your main amp, your wet amp could be really small, like a Blues Junior.

It's important that your FX are set to 100% wet because you don't want dry signal in the small amp. I add a volume control between the line box and my FX, so I can control the wet/ dry mix. The line box has a volume control, so if you're going into the front of another amp, I suggest keeping it low, like around 3 or 4, so you don't overload the input of the wet amp.

Higher settings on the line box are meant for plugging it into a power amp or FX return, but then you can't EQ it, and I find the output of the line box to be very bright, so I always set the treble and presence on my HRD very low.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: