Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Scott's 'Red Guitar'
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Scott's 'Red Guitar'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ma36scott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Scott's 'Red Guitar' Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

Any interesting info/stories about the guitar you're playing in this old MI clip at around 17:00?

https://youtu.be/bKaF8WVo9eM?t=1017

I'd never seen it before and was curious.

Thanks!!
Scott
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a Yamaha - I was an endorser for a very short time. Terrible guitar, but I was way too stupid to know it, so I played it on the Zawinul Syndicate album The Immigrants. It's unbelievable how clueless I've been throughout my career, and I was in my 50's before I finally realized there's a reason that players with the best tone use very simple gear like a strat and a Marshall.
dizzy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott

I saw you a few times live with your big stereo rack.
You get a much better sound now for my taste but that was the mid 90s so I liked the rack tone.

Did you have Bob Bradshaw build your rack?

In the 90s I had a rack and I was so dumb that I had a CAE preamp(great sound in my opinion) but I ran it into a Mesa 50 watt power amp and used all hosa cables. I had these 2 Mesa closed back 1x12 speaker cabs with EV speakers in them that sounded completely harsh and grainy and I mounted the speakers on stands pointing at my ears. There were lots of lights so I was happy.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Bob built my rack, and there were some cool FX in it like the ADA STD-1 chorus - that thing was bad ass. I had the CAE preamp too, but I ran it into a Boogie 290 power amp - all mid, no bass. I had these 2x12 cabs that Willis built, with EV's. Midrange overload!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: