Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Ever wondered what scale to play over which chord? Look here
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Ever wondered what scale to play over which chord? Look here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> The Theory Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
misery

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Ever wondered what scale to play over which chord? Look here Reply with quote

Ok, I've now watched the Scott Henderson - Jazz Fusion at least four times and I also found some information on the forum.

Here's what I've made:

http://home.no.net/alteinum/chordsscales.htm (Don't worry. The final version will probably be rewritten in strict XHTML 1.1 with CSS )

I must say that I'm not into jazz harmony yet, and there are for sure improvments to be made, and I therefore welcome YOU to post your suggestions. I want this to be an useful resource for anyone who wants to dig into the jazz fusion language.

If there's anything about the color coding, layout, choice of scales, name of the chords, like.. whatever, that should be changed, please let me know!

At the same time, I'm suggesting that you all go out and buy the Jazz Fusion video by Scott Henderson. While you're at it, buy the Melodic Phrasing video too.
russ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several years ago, when I got the same video, I took notes from it in a similar fashion. I must say that those notes were to become the impetus of a ton of solo material for me. It's great stuff and encourages one to create their own lines instead of copying others (as much! lol!)
I highly recommend both of Scott's videos to anyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> The Theory Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: