Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Who the hell is Moony??
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Who the hell is Moony??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moony

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Who the hell is Moony?? Reply with quote

G'Day All,

I am glad to find myself here...

I was introduced to Scott just today via a youtube clip from a friend of mine...he and I both are actually huge fans of Alan Hertz...I have followed Alan for quite a number of years with Garaj Mahal and as you all know by now, he is an extraordinary drummer...

Having had chance to watch Scott today, I am very impressed and look VERY forward to hearing lots more...I mentioned my discovery of Scott on another list that I am on and that I was somewhat surprised by his playing style after reading his 'Bio' - mostly because of his use of a Fender given his jazz background. Now that I have seen him play a few tunes, it seems quite natural for him...

I am also a fan of other fusion guitarist such as John McLaughlin, Santana, Tommy Bolin (if you've not heard anything but his radio play, dig deep and really check THAT cat out!), Steve Kimock, Fareed Hacque - though the latter is considered 'post bop' (vs. fusion)....I also like Bill Frissell and Django Reinhardt along the jazz lines....Obviously Scott has digested just a wee bit of Jimi and simply said, he was the Man! (On a sad note: I was at Mitch Mitchell's final show November 8 of this year before he died here in Portland on the 12th).

Anyhoo, I plan to study alot o' Scott and can't wait for him to tour in our area. If any of you happen to be in charge of where he tours, bring him our way soon, please. Alan knows how to get here Wink

Yea!!! I love new musical discoveries!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: