Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - New here, and back on guitars ( Excuse my "Noobiness&qu
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

New here, and back on guitars ( Excuse my "Noobiness&qu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> The Theory Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baskoroi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: New here, and back on guitars ( Excuse my "Noobiness&qu Reply with quote

[Sorry if it's too long, I really need your help! - If you wanna read quick, just get to paragraph 4. Thanks y'all!]

Hi guys, name's Baskoro here, you can call me Bas to simplify things. I had been playing guitar on and off, since age 12. And now I'm 18, and back again playing guitars, since I'm really bored on playing drums. (FYI, I played drums since age 7 or 8 and am self-taught on drums. I play wide range of genres, including jazz fusion)

However I have decent knowledge on guitar gear. My friend is a great guitarist, he taught me about some gear for playing the guitar.
He taught me mostly about getting good guitar tone, some effects like Maxon SD-9 (loving it! That's "super-natural"), the RC Booster, that kind of stuffs. Even I got to search some in the Internet. (Currently am so into the Subtle Volume Control, which is a unique effect! Nice foot swivel, Mr. Scott!)

I knew Scott from my friend, he told me to search for him in YouTube and Google. And I see this forum being one of the friendliest forums out there online. I thought if I can give this topic a try to ask for some time and help from you guys, that would be great and very appreciated. Smile

Okay, now I'm back to playing guitars, retired from my drumming world (temporarily!). And I'm just kinda spaced out on how to really learn guitar from a steadily solid beginning to a content and complete ending.

If I were to rate myself, I think I'm a beginner-intermediate player, sorry about that! I can play some scales (major, minor, pentatonic, blues), and a few chords (feeling bad for not mastering it well). I have decent vocabulary in music theory applicable to guitar, and I have a few knowledge on the guitar fretboard. I have a huge interest in jazz fusion, and am looking forward to be able to play, improvise (since I can do it on the drums!), and obtain sufficient knowledge, practical or theoretical, in jazz fusion guitar-playing.

So, I have some questions:
1. What's the best way for me to learn guitars? What things do I have to learn in order?
2. What books and DVDs do you recommend the most for me to get out of this beginner damnation?
3. How do you guys learn improvisation and anything related to jazz fusion playing?
4. Do you have any strategies for me to be able to learn guitar more efficiently, in terms of ease and effectiveness? (I'm not looking for "10 Quick Ways to Learn the Guitar", or like "Learn Guitar in an Hour" scumbags, I know they provide scums and incomplete info, and too many chats... Very Happy Just some tips to nail things down much easier in my learning, tho)

So, that's all in my mind for now. Be looking forward to your replies, and they're appreciated. And yeah, thanks to you guys, and see 'ya!

- Bas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> The Theory Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: