Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Yamaha UD-Stomp
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Yamaha UD-Stomp
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattmarantz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicaldog wrote:
The free VST plugin from Tonecarver called Delay 8 does more or less the exact thing the UD stomp does.

I use to have a UD stomp but now I have a couple of Magicstomps and they can do what the UD stomp does and more.

Tonecarvers Delay 8 is great and is not heavy on CPU.

Mr Tonecarver's site seems to be left unattended and download links dead and maybe Mr Tonecarver is dead too cause he doesn't respond to messages anymore !

I have it on my Google drive and you can get it here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U8ER8bUqm937hTbkqP6ULnF4p-MqZKdf

Thank you so much! I can't thank you enough for sharing this .vst. It's really kind of you. I also emailed Tonecarver many times with no response. His website is no longer operational and you can't download it. So it's mighty kind of you to share the plugin with us.

I downloaded it and it sounds amazing! Love it.

Cheers,
Matt
mattmarantz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ItAllanLover wrote:
Thank you magicaldog! Can you help me to run it on logic pro x, please? How can i do it?

Hi there,

Unfortunately you cannot use Tonecarver's Delay8 in Logic because is is a .vst and Logic X only runs audio units, or ".au" type plugins. Sorry! In fact, Delay8 will not run on a Mac at all because even though Macs can run .vst's (in programs such as Cubase or Reaper, for example), Windows .vst's and Mac .vst's are two separate things. One must program and compile the .vst in a program like Juce for an audio unit or Mac-friendly-.vst to become available. The original author was asked on his website by Mac users to make a Mac version, but he stated he doesn't have a Mac and doesn't know how.

Luckily I am on Windows!

For Mac users, I would definitely recommend trying out Sean Wayland's Waylomoddellay88 which does many of the things the UD stomp did (8 bands of modulated delay) and sounds amazing! Sean is my friend so I know how he did it. He used Max MSP to create the basis of the framework, then wrote the plugin code in Juce and compiled. I begged him for a Windows version and he was able to compile it for Windows 10 in Windows Visual Studio free version. This multimodulated delay plugin sounds amazing! The panning is locked in alternating L/R configuration and the 1st 4 delays are locked to short times for chorus while the last 4 delays are locked to long delays for delay trails. So copying the Holdsworth settings from the UD Stomp manual is a little bit challenging (if your desire is to get there) but if you use 2 instances of the plugin at once then you can emulate those patches without too much trouble.

This thing sounds amazing! The tone quality is very pleasing and dare I say it I think its tone quality rivals that of the original pedal.

https://www.seanwayland.com/waylosynth
ItAllanLover

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Matt!! Smile

Well i've been able to see it on my Mac following these instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BX50JcOVjo

Now i don't know how to make it appear in Logic's plug-ins....I hope this is not only for Midi Crying or Very sad
magicaldog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ItAllanLover wrote:
Thank you magicaldog! Can you help me to run it on logic pro x, please? How can i do it?

Don't know anything about Logic but with Cubase and Studio One 3 you just drop the files in the VST folder where all the other VST dll files are.

32 version for 32 bit systems and obviously 64 bit version for 64bit systems !

That's it !
mattmarantz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicaldog wrote:
ItAllanLover wrote:

Don't know anything about Logic but with Cubase and Studio One 3 you just drop the files in the VST folder where all the other VST dll files are.

That's it !

We were talking about PC vs Mac vst's. Yes, that's how Cubase works, but you can't put a PC .vst in a Mac .vst folder. It won't work. Gotta be compiled in a Mac-friendly way. I bet if you had the source code, it wouldn't be hard to compile it for Mac in Juce or whatever, but for PC .vst's to work on a Mac you have to port them.
magicaldog

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattmarantz wrote:
magicaldog wrote:
ItAllanLover wrote:

That's it !

We were talking about PC vs Mac vst's. Yes, that's how Cubase works, but you can't put a PC .vst in a Mac .vst folder. It won't work. Gotta be compiled in a Mac-friendly way. I bet if you had the source code, it wouldn't be hard to compile it for Mac in Juce or whatever, but for PC .vst's to work on a Mac you have to port them.

I am a PC guy ! ( NOT Political Correct though Wink )

Have worked a bit with MAC's but found it overly complicated in comparison !
magicaldog

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a new link to Tonecarvers Delay8 since my link in earlier post doesn't seem to work any longer !

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NGCwmuQzySXmTig1SG6U0njDEC_05bJL/view?usp=sharing

Enjoy !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: