Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Mixing speakers and 2x12 greenback
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Mixing speakers and 2x12 greenback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chickentonight

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:49 am    Post subject: Mixing speakers and 2x12 greenback Reply with quote

Hi!

I have an crazy idea to unload one of my two 2x12 v30 cab and put the v30's to bottom row of my 4x12 greenback cab. So I would have a mixed 4x12, one v30 2x12 and one greenback 2x12. Crazy idea? Ever used a greenback 2x12 or mixed cab?

Thanks for answering,

your biggest chicken fan. Smile
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Greenbacks in both my 4x12 and 2x12. Any other speaker sounds broken to me except for G12H(55Hz), which I have in another 4x12.

I haven't had any luck mixing speakers in the same cab, especially a combination like Greenbacks and V30's. Greenbacks are a little dark and smooth, V30's are brighter and have more hair, so when I EQ the amp, it seems like every move makes one of them sound worse. I'm guess I'm old school - one speaker, one 57.
Chickentonight

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Gonna try how it sounds.Seems to me a good thing to be able to get both v30 and greenback sounds from the same 4x12 by micing different speakers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: