Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Buzz Feiten tuning system
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Buzz Feiten tuning system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thumberstrummer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: Buzz Feiten tuning system Reply with quote

Well Scott,
I have to say it's a shame I was not aware of how good this guy is at playing guitar, with such a bluesy and singing attitude.
After having known he is around since many years (he played at Woodstok with the Paul Butterfield band...!), I feel even double ashamed!

All that said: more and more shame for not being aknowledged on his smart idea, the "buzz feiten tuning system". But, probably because he needs to sell his own stuff, through his website it is not easy to understand if the system is more a matter of retrofitting his particular gear (a kit mainly made out of a special nut and bridge saddles), or a way to approach guitar tuning (altering the reference tuning of any strings, some cents up or down the perfect pitch), or both...?
On Buzz's site there's you saying positive words on the system.
As it seems you are sold as an user, would you kindly clarify if anyone could ever apply to buzz's system without a retrofitted guitar or that specific Korg tuner, or it is necessary to have the whole thing on board?
Thanks Scott
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the wrong guy to ask about Buzz's tuning system. I have it on a few of my guitars, and I don't even know which ones - there was a point where Suhr stopped using it.

Nothing against it at all, it's just that I'm always a slight bit out of tune anyway because of the whammy bar, and I tune as fast as possible between songs. In the studio if a chord seems out of tune, I just punch in and fix it. I haven't noticed much of a difference with Buzz's system or without it, because of the way I play. I'm sure there are guys who would say the exact opposite, especially guys like Buzz, who play triads a lot in many different places on the neck - triads are more likely to sound out of tune than chords with extensions.
Thumberstrummer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got your point.
Thanks Scott

Fabio
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: