Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Gear used on the covered head
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Gear used on the covered head

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wiznik

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: Gear used on the covered head Reply with quote

Hi Scott,
I am very enjoyed by your vibe station record too.
Your sound in The Covered Head solo looks like you are usine a face fuzz ?
Is It true ? Or maybe you make It with your fulltone fuzz ?
I am a big fan of your HBC album too and i like your sound and the sound of Jeff Berlin too : they are really rich and fat. In Vibe Station the bass is slimmer. Why ?
Thanks
Nicolas from France (hope you Žll come soon)
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pedal on The Covered Head is a Trombetta RotoBone. I have it set so when I pick normally it sounds like a distortion pedal, but harder picking brings out the effect which is supposed to sound like a trombone. On this particular song the effect sounds weirder because I'm using the treble pickup, but when used with the neck pickup, it can sound much more like a trombone.

Jeff Berlin and Travis Carlton sound very different from each other. Jeff's tone has more midrange, but Travis plays a five string and uses his neck pickup sometimes, so there are more low frequencies. If you're listening on small speakers, you're not getting Travis's sound the way it should be heard, whereas Jeff's sound would be more audible in small speakers. Believe me, the bass is well represented on Vibe Station.
Wiznik

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer. You guess right my speakers are small and they are great for listening HBC. I am going to look for solutions to listen your new Vibe Station in a better way.
I own a WTF by Tombetta with J. Rocketts which is great: we can make a trombone like sound too. But i have never seen any other Trombetta pedal in France.
I'll still keep an eye to your next concerts in Europe...
Nicolas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: