Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Playing sitting down...
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Playing sitting down...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Playing sitting down... Reply with quote

I've found that I generally play better sitting down, and I feel restricted standing up like I can't reach what I'm going for...

Do you prefer sitting or standing?
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I play more relaxed sitting down, and I've made it part of my practice routine to sit for awhile and then stand and try to feel just as relaxed.

Like most people, I've always thought I play better at home or school than I do on stage. This is gonna sound funny, but years ago I noticed that when I practice, I don't make "guitar faces" or become "animated" like I do on stage. I realized that a lot of it wasn't about putting emotion into the music, but rather nervous energy. I still do it sometimes, because guitar playing can require strength and energy, but overall I've learned to play much more relaxed while standing on stage. Took 40 years, but I'm a slow learner.
guitarplayer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an incredible observation Scott. Really thoughtful and right on. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: