Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Wall of sound
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Wall of sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dizzy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Wall of sound Reply with quote

Hey Scott

I bought the Suhr load box and I downloaded the wall of sound software.

Amazing sound! Thanks for the tip. I feel like I can get a really good sound at home now. And it is so simple. It took 2 minutes to learn.

I have the Kemper which you didn't like. I have used that for about 2 years. With wall of sound, pedals, and my fender amps I am probably going to sell the Kemper because now I am hearing how much more I like the sounds of real amps. (Just my opinion, please no one else flame me:)

Here is my question:
When you do session work for other people do you ever need to resort to amp modeling software because they want a sound that you can't get with your amps? I know you don't have 6000 amps like some session guys do.
I also know that you get called for YOUR sound most often. But is your rig versatile enough with a few amps that you could get basically any sound you would need for most projects even if they didn't only want YOUR sound?
I am thinking that for example, if you wanted a vox sound you could just use a 2x12 open back cab model and eq the track with more high end but I could be wrong.
Thanks Scott
P.s. I am looking forward to Thursday's wank fest.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel confident that I could hang with the session guys as far as being versatile. I have my Fender, Marshall, Badger (Class A), closed & open back cabs, lots of different boost, high gain & fuzz pedals, and I'm good with EQ's. That being said, most people who hire me aren't asking for particular tones, they just say "do your thing".

I'm glad you like the Suhr load box and Wall Of Sound. It's great technology which is clearly better than any amp modeler, providing you have a good amp.
dizzy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Scott
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: