Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Marshall Mini Jubilee
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Marshall Mini Jubilee
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Travis, I'll definitely forward this to John - I'm sure he'll make my HRD sound much better. I'm glad you agree on small amps because I trust your opinion - I heard a lot of them and not one sounded like a real amp.
Travis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Henderson wrote:
Thanks Travis, I'll definitely forward this to John - I'm sure he'll make my HRD sound much better. I'm glad you agree on small amps because I trust your opinion - I heard a lot of them and not one sounded like a real amp.

Taking the channel switching out does wonders to ANY amp-and I know you know this because of exhibit A.) The SH-100. Laughing

The other thing I didn't realize, and this is another +1 for the Resonance control, was that you would also have another option for your "Wet" amp in the W/D configuration where you send the Wet signal the "Power Amp In" of the HRD. The Resonance and Presence controls function still (they are both negative feedback loop controls in the power amp) and they have less preamp shaping than plugging into the front end preamp the way you and Landau do it. This is a nice option even just as a frame of reference (ie. "How much is the preamp changing my wet tone? What does my power amp sound like when it's breaking up?"), but it can also be super useful re-amping guitars in the studio. I personally like this style of "Wet" amp, because it's the most minimal option.
dvdkinman1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott!

Just wondering how is your HRD after the crunch and lead channel being removed, and if there's some technicalish stuff you'd like tho share with us about it 'Laughing'. Also, i know you have an old USA HRD, but have you ever tried the new ones? If so, did you like them?

I just bought one myself (new HRD) and i was thinking in putting a Warehouse V30 clon on it, i know you said this is a better version of the Celestion. I had an american HRD that i was forced to sell, and tried both 65 and V30 on it but thought the 65 was a little thinner sounding on the high end. Don't know why, since i've never been a V30 lover but i think liked more the V30 on it.

Thanks a lot for your music man!!

Laughing
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually we blew off doing the mod. John is going to mod one of his 50 watt 67 amps with a master volume and FX loop, so it'll be a mini version of the SH-100, and I think that's much closer to my tone than I can get with my HRD. The HRD great for clean sounds and blues but I'm a high gain rocker - I like Marshalls.
countandduke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So maybe a new Suhr "SH Combo" is in the works???

Cool to hear, thanks Scott.

Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: