Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Knowledge Is Power
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Knowledge Is Power

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madaxeman

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Knowledge Is Power Reply with quote

Just thought I would share my stuff with you guys since you are probably into musical knowledge (like myself). I am WAY into the playing of guys like Scott Henderson & Frank Gambale...not only that, but their scope of knowledge in music. I'm not selling anything on here...so no worries there. Please check out my website if you get a chance. Take a look around and be sure to check out the lessons. That's why they're there. www.frankcortese.com Thanks and hope you enjoy it!
kirk95
StarShip Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job with the site and the lessons!

I will spend more time over there when I have more time for sure!

Thanks!

madaxeman

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Kirk...Thanks for the kind words! I have been creating stuff for the last several years on my pc. Recently, I figured why not post it to share with people. I co-wrote an instructional book with Dave Uhrich a couple years ago. It was a pretty cool experience. Dave is a great musician! I learned a ton studying with him for four years (as well as others I've studied with), too. The stuff on the website is like the tip of the iceberg. I will post additional stuff when I get a chance.
kirk95
StarShip Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madaxeman wrote:
Hey, Kirk...Thanks for the kind words! I have been creating stuff for the last several years on my pc. Recently, I figured why not post it to share with people. I co-wrote an instructional book with Dave Uhrich a couple years ago. It was a pretty cool experience. Dave is a great musician! I learned a ton studying with him for four years (as well as others I've studied with), too. The stuff on the website is like the tip of the iceberg. I will post additional stuff when I get a chance.

Funny you should say "Knowledge is Power." You have to read this thread over on my Robben Ford board: http://www.online-discussion.com/RobbenFord/viewtopic.php?t=674

I basically say the exact same thang!

Sharing is what the Internet is all about - sharing knowledge, sharing experiences, sharing interests, sharing community and sharing the gift of music (as long as the artist agrees to share)!

Thanks for your contributions! I would love to have you post your web site link over on the Robben board. Members over there would love to get a look at those lessons!

Thanks again!

scottl

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Frank!

Good seeing you here!

Scott
madaxeman

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirk95 wrote:
Funny you should say "Knowledge is Power." You have to read this thread over on my Robben Ford board: http://www.online-discussion.com/RobbenFord/viewtopic.php?t=674

I basically say the exact same thang!

Sharing is what the Internet is all about - sharing knowledge, sharing experiences, sharing interests, sharing community and sharing the gift of music (as long as the artist agrees to share)!

Thanks for your contributions! I would love to have you post your web site link over on the Robben board. Members over there would love to get a look at those lessons!

Thanks again!

You're welcome for the post! That's really only half the equation to me..."Knowledge is power...but ignorance isn't". I didn't want to sound "snobbish" in my title. The only true knowledge is knowing that you know nothing (and go from there). Please feel free to post a link to my website. Bandwidth doesn't cost anything for me. Thanks!
madaxeman

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottl wrote:
Thanks Frank!

Good seeing you here!

Scott

Hey Scott,

It's great to see you here, too! I hope everything is going well for you. Keep up the great tunes.

Frank
Z-Dog

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Another Chicago guy... Reply with quote

Hi Frank,

I was trying to get onto your site, but even trying with different browsers, I'm having issues finding it. It's probably something on my end, but I just wanted to check.

Anyhow....I'm a Chicago guy too. Your name sounds familiar (not sure why). I play mostly rock stuff right now, but it sounds like we're definitely into alot of the same players (Gambale, Henderson, etc.). My band is called "Opal Candy".....you can check out our site at www.opalcandy.com...there's a few old mp3's on there from our old demo. I'll definitely be checking out your site once I figure out what's up with my browsers
Very Happy

Mike Z.
madaxeman

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Chicago guy... Reply with quote

Z-Dog wrote:
Hi Frank,

I was trying to get onto your site, but even trying with different browsers, I'm having issues finding it. It's probably something on my end, but I just wanted to check.

Anyhow....I'm a Chicago guy too. Your name sounds familiar (not sure why). I play mostly rock stuff right now, but it sounds like we're definitely into alot of the same players (Gambale, Henderson, etc.). My band is called "Opal Candy".....you can check out our site at www.opalcandy.com...there's a few old mp3's on there from our old demo. I'll definitely be checking out your site once I figure out what's up with my browsers
Very Happy

Mike Z.

Hi, Mike.

It's great to see a fellow Chicagoan here. I had a listen...very cool rockin' tunes! I think the DSL was acting up here before but the site should be live. I couldn't get e-mail earlier but it's working now. I'm not sure where you would know me. I did Dave Uhrich's website for four years. I studied with Dave for years...as well as George Bellas, Michael Angelo(Batio), Eric Mantel, Tom Pecora, etc. Dave and I wrote a book together, too. The drummer from the metal band Liege Lord has a drummer named Frank Cortese (but that's not me). The only thing I bang is my head (sometimes)...and hot chicks. Very Happy

Best regards,
Frank.
Z-Dog

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it might have been from Dave Uhrich's site/emails. I used to be on the email list for updates, etc.

I'll give the website a look now....seems to be working for me again.

Mike
madaxeman

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Z-Dog wrote:
I think it might have been from Dave Uhrich's site/emails. I used to be on the email list for updates, etc.

I'll give the website a look now....seems to be working for me again.

Mike

Hey, Mike.

That's where it was from. I do remember you now (out of the 1000s of names from there). You have a pretty uncommon last name. Thanks for checking out my website! Keep up the rockin' tunes.

All the best,
Frank.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: