Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Blues Guitar Collection Book
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Blues Guitar Collection Book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thanasis

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Blues Guitar Collection Book Reply with quote

Listen to Scott Henderson's Sphinx Cover by Thanasis Vamvakoudis #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/thanasis-vamvakoudis/scott-hendersons-sphinx-cover

Hi Scott,
Is there a way to buy this book in a digital format? Pdf or something, I live quite far away and local music stores don't have it.
Any other options?

Thanks a lot.

P. S.
I did a cover of Sphinx for my teacher and I'd like you to hear it. I know you can't comment because
it's part of teaching, but if you want me to delete it, I will. My phone won't let me post the link on here that's why it is at the top. Sorry if it's irritating or irrelevant.

Thanks for your time,
Thanasis.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but the book isn't available in digital format.

Thanks for covering my tune! It makes me feel like Justin Bieber when someone plays my music! Don't forget that I get .000000001 cent every time someone listens to it. Very Happy
Thanasis

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're too kind Scott I probably owe you .000000022 by now, next time I buy something of you directly you'll have your share! Thanks again, it's a shame they don't have the book over here (North Greece) I'll tell them off especially if I find a Justin Bieber original artist transcription book on the shelf haha!
peter_heijnen

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just added my particle of a cent. Smile

Nice job Thanasis.
Thanasis

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Peter!

The solo is pretty bad, both sonically and musically.
Glad Scott won't comment on it, otherwise he'd probably destroy me haha!
I guess I could do a tiny bit better but didn't have too much time to record it..
I play it a fair few times a day (around 10) and I hope it won't be as bad in a few months.

My GOD these tunes are hard to play. Struggling with all the layers of Xotic Dance at the moment.... Maybe Scott could send me his Holy water to pour some on my bro's Fender and drink the rest!

You should all buy the transcriptions if you haven't, 40$ for the whole album and it really is a bargain and a major challenge, plus you play along with Scott's fellow bandmates, or you just solo Scott's guitar for the shivers down your spine.

I am haunted by it to be honest, I listen to the first four pieces of the album ALL day, everyday which is bad for me trying to copy all these ideas, but I don't care at all, this is what i love to do at the moment. I'm still young(ish) there's plenty of time for "research" haha

Thanks again and sorry for the essay.

Thanasis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: