Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Vertex Battery Box?
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Vertex Battery Box?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisVD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject: Vertex Battery Box? Reply with quote

Hi Scott - LOVED what you had to say in a recent GuitarWank Podcast about using the battery box. HOWEVER - I cannot find where one would purchase one. Is this totally custom; special order item or am I missing something?
I've been on the Vertex website and they appear to not offer it.
Thanks Scott!

By the way - REALLY looking forward to getting your Ultimate Guitar Tones videos from My MusicMaster. GREAT stuff from what I've seen in the preview clips.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chris, mine was made by Vertex, but it could be a custom thing so I'd suggest contacting them about it. LA Sound Design makes them too.
http://www.lasounddesign.net
ChrisVD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:54 am    Post subject: 9v Batteries & Vertex Battery Box Reply with quote

Hi Scott - I FINALLY was able to get the battery box from Vertex.

Hopefully this isn't a goofball question to ask but...I was curious if you have a recommendation on type of and make of 9v batteries that you've found to work best? As I recall you recommend using carbon zinc 9v batteries?

By the way - I took your extension online course through MI. As an alumni of the school it was FANTASTIC on so many levels as it not only helped me fill in the blanks on things I simply didn't get down well enough after attending the school it has given me years of work to continue refining and learning from. WELL WORTH the time and investment!

Thanks Scott!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chris, I'm glad you liked the course! I think carbon zinc batteries are best for pedals - I use the black Eveready with the cat jumping through the 9. They're a buck each at most 99 cent stores. The only exception I've found is with the Klon and Klon KTR. The maker of that pedal says to use a Duracell alkaline battery, and he's right - that one makes it sound the best.
ChrisVD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW - Thanks for the quick reply Scott regarding the batteries.

Since the vertex box I have only handles four pedals I plan to use it only on the boost (your RC boost) overdrive and wah pedals primarily and still power the other pedals (delay, chorus, POG) off my voodoo lab power I currently have on my pedal board. If you have any strong opinions based on your experience and expertise I'd love to hear them.

Thank you again!
Chris
peter_heijnen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danelectro jumped the battery wagon.

http://billionairetone.com/product/battery-billionaire/

Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never tried the Voodoo Labs power supply but I've heard it's one of the better ones. It's probably fine for delay or chorus pedals, but I'd run boost or distortion pedals off batteries - they seem the most susceptible to hum, noise and changes in tone when run off power supplies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: