Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - OPA
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

OPA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gonza

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: OPA Reply with quote

Hey, I run into a fellow musician yesterday for a blues jam here at Montevideo Uruguay, and talking about it he mentioned you like a band called OPA from here, from the 70's where a guy named Hugo fattoruso played.

I just wanted to know if you actually know that band and how you got to know them.

I really love the music from that era of my country.

Thanks!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometime in the 70's they played every Sunday night at The Breakers, a famous hotel in Palm Beach. I went pretty often to see them because they were by far the best players in my little town West Palm Beach. I don't remember if they were playing originals, but they played some Weather Report tunes. Sometimes they had guests and I wanted to sit in with them, but I wasn't ready at that time - I liked jazz but had no jazz chops. I saw Hugo a few times when I played in Montevideo. He's a very nice guy and what a great musician!
Gonza

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great man! I'm glad you got to hear them live, I'm too young for that unfortunately. I'ts very likely they played original tunes, they have 2 albums that are just great! A couple of classics for us Uruguayans.

I can send you some tune of theirs if you'd like to and have the time.

I'm interested in knowing if you know some other band or musician from here, cause man at that time there were a LOT of good ones.

Have a good one Scott!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're the only musicians I know from Uruguay. Thanks for the offer but I'm not listening to music right now. When I get back into listening mode I'm sure I can find their albums - actually I'm pretty sure I have one but it's on cassette and that library is highly unorganized. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: