Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Mosfet Overdrives.
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Mosfet Overdrives.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gonza

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Mosfet Overdrives. Reply with quote

Hey, Scott.

How is it going? I was wandering your opinion in the Fulltone OCD. I like how you review pedals, you are very detailed about it.

I really love that pedal and was planing to buy one. I currently use an O.D Glove, from Electro Harmonix, which is a MOSFET drive based on the OCD.
For me it sounds pretty transparent and rich but I never heard a Klon Centaur live, only in records such as yours. So I can say I like the sound because it's at least the best I've heard for my taste. Have you heard it and do you have any opinions on that type of drive? And in that case, what can you say about them in relation with the drives that you do use and like as much.

And also in your piece Festival of Ghosts, which by the way is BEAUTIFUL, you use a Zvex there right? For the solo. I love how you were able to put together such a delicate and melodic tune with that very square kind of distortion.

Any way thanks for everything man, can't wait to get the new album!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the OCD pedal a long time ago. I didn't buy it because it's treble is voiced higher than a pedal like the Klon or RC Booster. That's OK for cleaner tones and chords, but when I turned up the gain it was more fizzy than I like. Now that I use more pedals than I used to for the purpose of layering, I'm sure the OCD would be another color I could use, but for live I'm used to the RC Booster and SD9.

Yes it's a Fuzz Factory, and I also used it on the HBC version of Mysterious Traveler. Love that pedal! I probably won't use it for a solo on the new album since I did that on Vibe Station, but I'll find a part for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: