Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Marbin
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Marbin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
junkyard

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:25 am    Post subject: Marbin Reply with quote

I’m sure y’all know about these cats already, but just in case you don’t:

https://youtu.be/wk8lcB3Mr-U

My 14 year old son turned me on to this, lol. He found it all on his own, I’m so happy that he digs stuff like this *and* Led Zeppelin Smile

Guitarist is pretty kickass, and has a great tone! Is he on this board? You heard these guys, Scott?

Here’s the album on Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/album/3YoXXLWtgLhQUAW9lmdhc4?si=76qT6vz5S4OC7vSXQ1JYjg
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few of their albums. Dani Rabin gets some really nice tones for sure. They've opened for my trio a few times in Chicago and he lets me use his rig - he has an OD-100 and a 4x12 with Greenbacks. We're also booked by the same agent Leonardo Pavkovic, so that's how I got introduced to them.
Kevin Thomas

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never heard klezmer fusion before. Interesting blend.
junkyard

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, it is!

I had to laugh to myself when my son was playing this for me and he looked up and said so sincerely “I just really like this. The blend of rock and jazz is such a cool fusion!”

I said “hang on to that thought son, lemme show ya a couple things, here.” Laughing
spellbound

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw them open for Holdsworth a couple years ago. Great band, and Dani was super friendly.
countandduke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if this is the same band that opened for Scott in Chicago a couple of years ago (and I think it is) these guys were GREAT and even jammed with Paul Wertico from “The Pat Metheny Group”, just in case you all don’t recognize Paul’s name. Anyways... it was a great show, Scott was fantastic of course. Cracking jokes, the drummmer asked for a couple paper towels and some tape do he could stop a vibrating drum head, without missing a beat, Scott asks for a couple paper towels and tape for a “completely different reason”... and of course the audience hears this entire dialogue and bursts into laughter!!!

Anyways, so these guys from Israel tell this story that they are in some remote village in Europe (I think...) and they are playing at a bar where a good majority of the clientele is possibly anti-Semitic. A rather large man approaches one or more of the band mates but notices one of the band mates is wearing an “Allan Holdsworth” shirt and comments something to the effect of (using heavy European accent), “You like Holdsworth too???” So there’s a quick lesson that Big Al’s music can bring people closer together... 😃😃😃

If anyone can remember the dialogue better, please chime in because it was many years ago but the lesson remains.

Best,
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: