Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - South American Tour
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

South American Tour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jens_p

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:37 am    Post subject: South American Tour Reply with quote

Scott,

saw last year that there was supposed to be a South American tour on the last quarter, but seems something happened and this was not possible in the end.
Any change on coming this year (specifically to Chile) or will you rather wait until your next album is out to try again?

Jens
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure we'll wait until after the new album comes out. I've already been refused by a few promoters in Asia and South America because I haven't had an album release since 2015, so a new one will definitely help me get more gigs. Hope to see you in Chile soon!
jens_p

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

noticed on your website, that there might be a South American tour.
Are you coming to Chile? Hoping you can play in Santiago, since the last time you came to Chile, you played an outdoor festival outside the city (unless you have a car, it is really difficult to assist, due to not having public transportation available late at night) and another dates further south which made it impossible for me to attend.
Being a bit biased here, but I would recommend for you to play in downtown Santiago, where you can get more people to come at one of the many places available (you already played Teatro Oriente, which I think is the ideal place for your kind of music).
Speaking about booking dates, any reason for your tours down here to be announced in a sort of prompt basis? We have many concerts all year around and these are usually announced and tickets sold several months before the actual concert (sometimes even 6-8 months in advance). Just curious about this, since I would assume an artist of your caliber should not have to struggle to find venues to play here in Santiago.

Crossing fingers and thanks for any preliminary scoop on this!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but we're not playing in Chile this time. My agent lives in Santiago so only he knows why there's no gig there - it's usually about the money. The dates will be posted on my website soon but here they are:

14 La Paz, Bolivia     Espacio Simon y Patiño 
17 Buenos Aires, Argentina  Bebop Club
18 Buenos Aires, Argentina  Bebop Club
19 Buenos Aires, Argentina  Bebop Club
20 Montevideo, Uruguay  La Trastienda
21 Campinas, Brazil  Festival Jazz & Blues Pico das Cabras
25 Sao Paulo, Brazil workshop at EM&T Escola de Música e Tecnologia
26 Sao Paulo, Brazil   Blue Note
October 3 Asuncion, Paraguay
jens_p

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's really surprising to be honest.
Being totally imparcial, we have a huge market and demand for live concerts in Santiago/Chile, compared to our neighbor countries, so it does not make too much sense to me (just being straight; no disrespect at all to our continental friends).
Only thing that may be a factor is if maybe your schedule for the potential tour or availability is not fully firm with enough time prior to the dates. As mentioned before, tickets are usually sold here several months in advance to the event (between 2-4 months in most cases and sometimes even 5-6 months prior). Fully aware this might delve into your personal space/life, so understand if you prefer not to give details on this topic.
Anyway, just received the signed CD today, so I am definitively a happy camper! Have been listening to the mp3 version until now and really love it, so can`t wait to hear it without compression. Thanks again for your music and for taking the time to communicate directly with your gear-nerd fans!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My agent says it's bad timing - September is the month of national celebrations in Chile and it's very difficult to get promoters interested in doing jazz concerts during this period.

I've played in Chile many times and always had good crowds, so I don't think my agent wants to take a risk of booking me there unless the timing is right.
bgrand

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already got tickets for the show at the Blue Note in Sao Paulo! Really looking forward to it.

Best,
Bruno
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: