Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - How to order GG DVDs?
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to order GG DVDs?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vai_disciple

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: How to order GG DVDs? Reply with quote

I'm a long-time fan of Guthrie, and as I've got a bit of spare cash to spend, I want to buy his DVDs. Where can I purchase these from, and how do I pay? Any help appreciated.

Thanx,

Dave
leo-1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.tonemerchants.com

Look there!
Vai_disciple

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx dude. Ordered! What about the other DVD? Can't seem to find that on there.
leo-1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just send a mail to the same guy you send this order too, and tell him you want both dvd`s. He will fix it.
Delicato

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having trouble loading the TM-site. Could somebody please tell me who to contact to order them dvd's. Very Happy
dkaplowitz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delicato wrote:
I'm having trouble loading the TM-site. Could somebody please tell me who to contact to order them dvd's. Very Happy

Remove the spaces from this address: tonemerchant @ sbcglobal.net
Strings

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had any problems with theirs?

I got mine in April, played it about 5 times and it started freezing at one point -during the drum break bit- and then wouldn't play at all. Two players can't find any data. There were a couple of very minor marks on it when it arrived but nothing serious looking and it played ok then, and I've haven't scratched it. I'm in UK, so can't be bothered to order another. Poo!

Strings
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strings wrote:

I got mine in April, played it about 5 times and it started freezing at one point -during the drum break bit- and then wouldn't play at all. Two players can't find any data. There were a couple of very minor marks on it when it arrived but nothing serious looking and it played ok then, and I've haven't scratched it. I'm in UK, so can't be bothered to order another. Poo!

Strings

Please contact Noel at Tone Merchants and he'll send you another set. These discs are copies (not duplicates - there is a difference) and it seems there are a few bad ones out of every 100 or so. Noel will send you another set. His email is:

noel@tonemerchants.com

Thanks.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
kanak1911

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strings wrote:

Strings

Purchased both of the DVD's also and have a problem with the Clinic DVD. The disc with the fellowship et. al. is good. You are not alone. I'll do as directed by Ed and try contacting Noel. Thanks Ed Cool
Strings

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Thanks Ed. Btw, it was just the live show DVD that I had.

Cheers

Strings
fingerprinz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To any of you who may be experiencing problems playing back your DVD's: please feel free to call me at (714)288-9583 or e-mail me directly at: noel@tonemerchants.com , and I'll be happy to send you a replacement free of charge.

Seems we had an unusually high number of defective copies in the latest batch that we received. Hopefully the next bunch (I've just ordered more) won't have as many...
Strings

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I received the replacement live@Tonemerchants DVD the other day (actually it's not quite the same - hasn't got the other guys and some of the chat). Just tried it in my Mac and it wouldn't play.

Tried it in our Toshiba and it worked up to track 9 where picture started to break up into squares. Track 10 just froze and nothing beyond that would play. Oh and it was black and white!

Tried it on the mac again, and this time it worked, and in colour, but froze around track 10. After experimenting and having to reboot mac several times because of feezes, tried it in the Toshiba again where it seemed to work ok on all tracks but still in black and white. Btw, the original disc worked ok in the Tosh.

Tried it in playstation 2 and it was in colour, and seemed to work ok on all tracks (just briefly checked) except in middle of last track "access denied" where at one point everything goes very bright.

There seems to be a pattern in that the original DVD was fine for a few plays and then started freezing and then wouldn't play at all. Something 'unstable' about these discs maybe? Btw, I did check the players with another DVD which did play ok - but that was Steve Vai at the Astoria, and he always plays exactly the same thing - hence the DVD consistency probably Wink

The juxtaposition of the words 'flogging' and 'dead horse' come to mind...

Strings
j.s.bark

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered a copy of the clinic dvd. I seriously hope there aren't any problems with it cos I'm REALLY looking forward to it!
Strings

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE on my black and white playback problem.

Done some research, and if I understand it, some UK TVs (PAL) don't fully understand the "pseudo-PAL" signal they receive from UK multi-standard players (which most are) playing NTSC DVDs. This could explain the black and white images as I used a different TV for the Toshiba than for the Playstation. But it's strange that the original live@ToneMerchants DVD (that this disk was a replacement for) was in colour on the same TV.

I'm still a bit concerned that the picture broke up and froze in places on first attempt with the Toshiba, but it's been ok in that regard since. I did also see some jumping and breaking up into squares on the Playstation2 last night.

So state of play as of now:

DVD working fine on Toshiba player (with appropriate TV).

OK-ish (later tracks a bit Dodgy) on Playstation2 - doesn't matter as I don't like using that for DVDs anyway.

Won't try it on the Mac again as it kept freezing the whole computer on later tracks.

If nothing deteriorates, this is OK for me.

Strings
Big Bad Bill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new to all thing Govan, so I'd like to know which DVDs you're all referring to? Also where can I get them from? The www.tonemerchants.com link never seems to work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: