Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Worth checking out!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Worth checking out!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yancim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Worth checking out! Reply with quote

Hi check this guy out! He's a Flamenco/electric guitarist from Greece, GIT graduate and apart from an electrifying player ,a great down to earth guy( I happen to know him). He's just about to release his 2nd electric guitar CD.. Wondering if any of you have heard his work before..

http://www.myspace.com/ioannisanastassakis
RD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Worth checking out! Reply with quote

yancim wrote:
Hi check this guy out! He's a Flamenco/electric guitarist from Greece, GIT graduate and apart from an electrifying player ,a great down to earth guy( I happen to know him). He's just about to release his 2nd electric guitar CD.. Wondering if any of you have heard his work before..

http://www.myspace.com/ioannisanastassakis

No, never heard of him.

I've been to that myspace website and listened, but I don't really like his phrasing & melodies.

When you've heard Guthrie, I mean, REALLY heard what he does in terms of phrasing en melody creation + composition, I doubt you can still be much impressed by guys like you mentioned. It's too obvious what they do and not very inspirational.

On top of that, I don't like the way he promotes his biceps/body in the videos and on those pictures. Seems like he thinks he's really the man or something. When you've really created your own genre, perhaps then you could act like you're the man, but then still, I don't think it's too cool to present yourself as some hot loverboy. I mean, look at that video on which he's playing in front of that lady... just silly.

I'm not saying he's a bad player though - he has skill alright. But it's nothing that I haven't heard before.

This post is not meant to offend anyone - I'm just being honest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: