Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Upcoming Solo Album Tracks on the Clinic DVD
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upcoming Solo Album Tracks on the Clinic DVD
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of the original PODs. I got it for headphone practice more than anything else when I was living in a small apartment in AZ after my wife and I first moved over there back in'98. Didn't care for it much. And the sound I really hated was that digital zoom echo you heard everytime you changed the patch. Evil or Very Mad The technology behind it is cool and the sounds themselves aren't half-bad, but they just feel really cheesy: no warmth, dynamics, or life to the sounds at all...

I later got the H&K zenTera and that was a significant improvement over the POD and the CyberTwin which I got for virtually nothing while I was at Fender. But you're playing digital bits on these things - 0's and 1's. Your signal is being chopped to digital 0's and 1's, being reassembled into some software code that's been programmed to sound like a snapshot of some type of tube amp, and then reconverted into an analog signal and then amplified by a solid-state power amp. Mad Do you like the idea of your precious guitar signal getting chopped up into digital bits? Didn't think so...
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: