Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index

Johnny A. Discussion
The Official Johnny A. Discussion Board

www.JohnnyA.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Johnny A. news

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> And now, a word from Management
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bclaire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Johnny A. news Reply with quote

For all of the latest JA news, check the NEWS page on www.johnnya.com
drjackh2nd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am very interested in the "Get Inside" songbook. i have read on the website and on this site that the book is near release. i have contacted WB publishing but they don't have any info. any idea exactly when the book will be out??

STM is a fabulous teaching aid and there's simply nothing like being able to play music you love in the way the artist plays it (well, at least the chords are right!) something to strive for...

gotta learn "poor side of town" johnny a style!!

help!

jack in indy
bclaire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep watching the News section...
JohnnyZ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drjackh2nd wrote:
STM is a fabulous teaching aid...

drjack, what's STM?

Thanks,
~JZ~
drjackh2nd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: STM Reply with quote

johnnyz

STM is the acronym they have used in all his print interviews for his first CD, which you know is Sometime Tuesday Morning.
i have the song book from that which is all tabbed out very professionally and it is a true pleasure to play my fav JA songs and licks (where possible, limited of course by my ability!)
I have learned an incredible amount of guitar skill from working with that book - truly taken my ability to the next level.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Jack in Indy
JohnnyZ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, drjack. I figured it had to be something fairly obvious, but I just couldn't think of it. Just recently, I found out about G.A.S. I had G.A.S. all along, and just didn't know it! Laughing

And, thanks for the tip on the STM songbook.

~JohnnyZ~
drjackh2nd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JZ

LOL on the GAS comment. reminds me of an old golf joke about loft...

must be great in MA to be near JA's hometown where you have probably been watching him play for years.??

My newest acquisition just arrived today! Picked up the trans black JA134 from the Music Zoo in Brooklyn. Fed exed over nite and IN MY HANDS!
GEEZ, what a looker to match my sunset glow JA077
this is too much fun!!!

later dude
jack in indy
kirk95
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about some pics?
JohnnyZ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drjackh2nd wrote:
must be great in MA to be near JA's hometown where you have probably been watching him play for years.??

drjack, unfortunately, I've only just found out about Johnny A. this year. Boston's 2 popular adult alternative radio stations didn't even start giving him airplay until this year, and they don't promote him much. I think part of the problem is that the one or two songs of JA's being played on air doesn't really grab people until they actually see him. At least that's how it happened with me. I can't remember the last time anyone/band got me this hooked after seeing them live...

And, yes, anywhere that Johnny A. is playing in the area, I'll be there. It appears that his tour is winding down soon, and he'll be local again on 10/15 at Capo's in Lowell, MA. I don't see anything scheduled after that, but after the spring/summer/fall that JA and band will have had, I'm sure they'll take a much needed break. It wouldn't be a bad thing though to keep fresh by playing the local club scene during the winter, I hope, I hope, I hope... Smile

~JohnnyZ~
bclaire

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, where have you been? He's had plenty of airplay- in 2000 Oh Yeah was the number 19 song of the year on the River XRV and that was before he was even SIGNED to Favored Nations!!!

Carter Alan has been playing John on ZLX all along.... plus WBOS...

He was a featured artist at the River Fest for XRV in 2000 playing in Govt Center with the Jayhawks and Dar Williams- he did Earthfest with WBOS in 2002 and played the national anthem solo! That was at the Hatchshell with Garbage, Lisa Loeb, Bonnie Raitt and Midnight Oil.

Talk radio has used his songs as background music...

That's four years of airplay!!! John's not winding down- he's just exhaling for a minute... lots more gigs coming up- just waiting for confimations before they go up on the website...

Billy
JohnnyZ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Johnny A. news Reply with quote

bclaire wrote:
For all of the latest JA news, check the NEWS page on www.johnnya.com

As a bonus or special favor to forum regulars, it would be awesome if we could get a "heads up" in here from the Management Team once new shows are booked. I tend to check in here daily, but only once a week or two to the JA website. Would this be possible?

Thanks,
~JZ~
bclaire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I update Johnny's shows on the website- and it's tough enough to keep up with that! I frankly don't have the time to post reminders to look at the website.

Suffice to say, I probably add new dates every two weeks...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> And now, a word from Management All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: